Daily Bible Readings
1. And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
14. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
1. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
33. No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
34. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
35. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
Other enlightening articles for you to read:
There is Purpose to our Existence
By Clifton Eaton
Harmony Baptist Church
“Life is a joke as all things show it. I thought so once and now I know it.” So reads the epitaph on someone’s tombstone. On the other hand the renowned poet, H. W. Longfellow, reminds us, “We can make our lives sublime, and departing leave behind us footprints on the sands of time.” Is life really just a joke or is there meaning to life? Must we live life as an empty purposeless dream or should life challenge us to leave footprints on the sands of time? Why are we here and where do we go from here? These are some of the questions religion seeks to answer.” Read More »
MYANMAR PROPOSED PASTORS CONFERENCE
“The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky shows the work of His hands…. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard” (Psalm 19:1-2). Creation speaks so eloquently about the existence of God, that only a “fool hath said in his heart ‘there is no God’” (Psalm 14:1). The existence of God is acknowledged in all cultures and among all peoples. The revelation of God through His creation is described as General Revelation.
There are however questions regarding the nature of God. What is He like? Why did He create the world? What are His plans for His creation? What is the final destiny of the universe? What part does He expect man to play in His Divine plans for His creation? Theology attempts to provide the answers to these questions from revelations contained in God’s word, the Bible. God’s revelation contained in the Bible is called Special Revelation. Theology then, deals with Special Revelation. Read More »
Who is Jesus Christ?
There are certain global issues facing the world today. These include climate change, hunger, diseases, terrorism, and the distribution of the world’s resources. The nations of the world are uniting themselves to deal with these issues. The United Nations Organization was formed for this very purpose. Many now believe that perhaps we should just dispense with national borders and have one world with one leader in order to deal with these issues most effectively. Many of these decisions are based on the false assumption that there is no God, and that man is the ultimate authority on matters pertaining to life. The Bible tells us that there is a God who created the universe. It is He who is the ultimate Authority, and it is He who determines not only the destiny of the universe, but the destiny of everyone and everything in it. Read More »